Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Keep on Growing!

Can you believe we have already hit the 6 week mark! It is amazing how time can go so fast and so slow all at once.


Avery and I are now on our own during the days. My parents left in early August to return to Texas. The weekend after they left, Kevin's parents came to visit, this next weekend, my sister and my friend come up to visit. So we are not exactly in a normal pattern yet, but we are getting there quickly. We had a good visit with Kevin's parents and really enjoyed introducing them to their newest grandaughter. They brought with them Avery's cousin Mackenzie. They had a great time getting to know one another.

Today we had our 6 week check up. Avery is 22.5 inches long and 9 lbs 11 oz! No one can say she is not growing well. She ought to be growing like a weed though, she is a big eater. We are still nursing and bottle feeding both. It has become less stressful for me, especially being able to share the feeding duties with other people, like her dad and grandparents. Besides, it is what is best for her and I am glad that we have this option for her.

Last week we got to see her first responsive smile. Kevin was the proud recipient of that first one. Luckily, I got to see it as well. What a beauty! I am looking forward to seeing more of that. This picture is not the first smile, but I was impressed to catch one on camera just a couple days ago.
That is all for now, Love to all,
Tonya, Kevin, and Avery

6 comments:

Beth said...

She is getting so big! It's amazing how much they grow! I wish that I could come and see you all in person! I'm very jealous of Jenise and Amber!

Alyssa said...

What a cutie! Taking care of an infant becomes so much easier when you get smiles in response to what you are doing instead of just crying.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Brad Sandra and McKenzie were there! Avery is so beautiful! Her smile is infectious just like Kevin's and yours, Tonya. How we miss being there. Soon very soon we will have to come and just hold and love on her and you two then leave....LOL Love you all, Dad/gampa, Mom/gamma

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to come up there and visit you both and Avery! She gets cuter every time I see a picture of her!

Gina said...

She is precious! Carlee was a nursing/bottle baby too! As a matter of fact if you are in need of bottles we just weaned her in the last month or so and we have a TON of bottles. Let me know.....

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you are getting to share with so many friends and family. I hope that things continue to improve and you can enjoy yourself more and more.